Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Attack of Poison Ivy!!...Again!

So, I went to the neighborhood "weeding party" on Saturday morning to help clean up the front entrance and do my share. I pulled weeds, bagged leaves, and never even thought to look for poison ivy and oak in landscaped bushes...Idiot!! I have the worst outbreak I've ever had. The pictures do no justice. The entire perimeter of my face is covered, my neck from chin down and around, my shoulder, both arms, and only a few spots on my legs so far. Being a prego, I can't go to my primary physician b/c he's afraid to dose up a pregnant woman with my normal shot of steroids. So, I went to my obgyn and she helped me out with a different kind of steroid shot in my hip..holy cow it burned!! After 24 hours the shot was doing nothing. I was using a helpful bleach solution that my sister in law recommended. It worked better than any over the counter stuff I have. But, I was still miserable. So, to the Internet I went. The overwhelming home remedy was using bleach. I was not so "ballsy" as some to scrape the wounds and pour pure bleach on them, but I did the diluted bleach bath. I scrubbed with a washcloth and omg it hurt. But, the rubbing and stinging felt better than the constant itch and burn. I couldn't do anything about my face b/c I didn't want to end up with bleach blond hair. So, I've done this once and the drying agent in the bleach kept me from itching for a few hours. Since then I've only dabbed with the bleach solution so as not to dry my entire body out. We'll see how this goes...Still pretty miserable, but at least I've found a remedy that's cheap and only hurts for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment