Monday, August 2, 2010

Boys Update

I figured that because I use this blog to document my boys lives that I ought to catch up on what they're actually up to. Beats writing it all down in the baby books.

At 8.5 months, Caleb is now army crawling with random stops to raise his booty high into the air. It's a style thing I think. He also really loves to pull up on things...especially my legs. I think he likes the view a lot better from his full height. He's eating all types of baby foods and random things like cheerios, (although he doesn't appreciate these yet) bananas, macaroni and cheese, anything baby-friendly. He is only at about 40% at picking up food and actually getting it to his mouth. He's taking 2-3 naps a day, but now that he's learning how to sit up on his own, he does sometimes fall asleep sitting up in his crib. He's very attached to mommy right now. I can't walk into a room that he's in without a wail...he always needs something or wants to be picked up and hauled around while I do stuff. Nobody else will do. We hope this passes soon. He loves his brother and cracks up randomly and weird things Adam does. This is my favorite thing to watch.

At 3.5 years, Adam is Adam. He is now his own guy. He is so athletic. Loves balloons (he even sweet-talked one away from his great-grandma's house this weekend). He loves to sing and dance, read his library books, and really loves Toy Story right now. I'm loving his new phrases he comes up with each day.
Examples:
"I've got a surprise for you in my room." -He uses this to get us in his room to play.
"Mommy, you look wonderful."
"My booty looks nice." -He is now totally self-sufficient in the bathroom except I ask sometimes how well he wiped. This is his response.
"I miss my big friends." -He really loved his high-school and college cousins that came to visit.
"Duke and Layla are sad b/c they want to come inside and play with me."
"My tubby hurts." - He means tummy
"Mommy, do you want to go to Wal-Mart and buy more food?"


I could go on and on about them both. I wanted to write these down so I don't forget them when they're teenagers.

1 comment:

  1. Those are great! I've missed y'all this summer, only seeing you a couple of times! But school starts next week, so maybe we'll be able to do stuff together more then!

    ReplyDelete