Sorry these are a bit blurry, they're the last ones I have.
We went on a walk around the building and found a lonely piano. A and C jumped on that thing and started "playing". We could tell Papaw wanted to play with them so we wheeled him right up beside the boys and all 3 had a blast playing the piano.
Papaw filling in the rhyming blanks in the story.
Caleb reading a story to another resident:) She was very interested and Caleb was very intent on getting the story right.
Adam joined an intense game of bocce ball among the residents. I kid you not...a verbal fight did erupt between 2 of them on the ethics of the game and who had a better lawyer. So funny.
Leaving N.C., we were delayed by 24 hours due to airlines and sickness. Adam threw up in the rental car on the way to the airport. Everybody running fevers. I had strep throat all week. This is how we looked waiting for the airplane home.
Two weeks later, we returned for the memorial service for my Papaw. It was a beautiful, poetic, and overwhelmingly loving ceremony filled with relatives, friends, students, co-workers, and community members that wanted to honor him. He lived a full and rich life, devoted to his faith, his community, and his family. I was blessed that I got to spend 33 years with him and that my boys got to know their great-Papaw.
No comments:
Post a Comment