Sunday, July 26, 2009

Adam's First Night In His Big Boy Bed...



I've decided it's a magic bed. Adam goes comatose in it. We put it all together yesterday and he had to watch as we disassembled his crib and moved it into the new baby's room. He took it pretty well. I think he was more excited to use Chris' screwdrivers when he wasn't looking. We went through our normal bedtime routine and it helped he didn't get a good nap yesterday. We showed him how to lay down on the pillow and we tucked him in, read a quick book, and "big cracked" the door on our way out. I was glued to the monitor thinking he would be up in no time. But, he didn't move, didn't make a peep, and before I knew it he was out. The next morning I woke up at his normal wake-up time of 6:30am and he was still out. Same at 7:30...glorious bed!!! At 8:30, we had 15 minutes until we had to leave for church so I had to go in and wake him up! He had completely turned around 180 degrees, but never fell out. I love this bed! And that's not all! His first nap in the big bed was today after church. He slept for 2+ hours and didn't climb out at all! Chris had to wake him up to go to a birthday party we were going to be late for. So, all my worrying was ridiculous. I'm just hoping he sleeps until 8:30 tomorrow so I can sleep in too!

No comments:

Post a Comment