Sunday, July 26, 2009

The New Camper is in the Driveway and Adam Eats an Ice Cream Cone!

Saturday morning we brought the camper home to play with and put our small collection of tent camping supplies into it. I love organizing it all in the different cabinets. Chris spent the afternoon timing himself on how fast he could set it up and take it down by himself. I didn't hear a time he was happy with yet though, so he continues to practice. We absolutely love it and Adam thinks it's a jungle gym.

Later that night for supper, we headed to Jason's Deli on the way to buy camper accessories at Lowe's. You know how Jason's Deli has the free ice-cream machine?..well, we sat right beside it and Adam was mesmerized. He watched every single person fill up their cone or cup and proceeded to announce "ICE CREAM" to us throughout our meal. The big moment came...Adam got a choco/vanilla swirl cone. (I also got that) At one moment, my attention to my cone shifted to see how Adam was doing on his. He had ignored one whole side and had taken bites out of the cone on the other side without licking the ice cream first. He face was covered with ice cream. This cracked me up because he tends to eat things backwards. Hot dogs...the sides are eaten out first until it breaks into 5 pieces. Corn on the cob works out pretty well. Peanut butter sandwiches are opened, the jelly is pinched out with his fingers, and then he gets to the bread. I don't correct him b/c I think it's funny, even if it is messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment