Monday, February 1, 2010

Visiting North Carolina

This last weekend we traveled to North Carolina to see my Papaw and introduce him to Caleb. We also got to introduce him to my brother and his wife, Brian and Jill, who live in Oregon and flew in to meet up with the family. I will not go into details of getting there on an airplane with the horrible snow storm hitting the east coast this weekend. I'll just say, it was stressful and full of hiccups, but we made it. Adam and Caleb were both great travelers. Caleb slept or watched Adam most of the trip and Adam played with his bag of goodies I packed. We had a quick 2 days to soak up as much family time as we could and that was made easier by the fact that we were snowed in the whole time. We drove less than a mile to eat a couple times, but mostly stayed with my Papaw and visited. We had some great snow playing when the wind and wet sleet stopped by Sunday morning. Adam's favorite thing was pelting people with "snowballs". He was really just breaking off the top 3 inches of snow that had frozen into sheets. They were great for throwing! He even responded well when I encouraged Adam to throw a snowball at my brother's exposed back as he was bending over to build a snowman. Apparently Brian was suspicious that I had something to do with it...Me???!! Anyway, he retaliated. We really had a wonderful time watching my Papaw with my two boys. He had eyes only for them. I'm so glad they are getting to spend time with him. He'll be 93 this year. His health isn't the best, so we're very blessed to have the time we do with him. We're looking forward to our next trip!!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like y'all had a great visit! I'm glad it went well.

    ReplyDelete