So Adam is visiting Mema and Pop for a few days and that leaves just me and Caleb at home all day. I know Adam is having a blast and being spoiled which leaves me time to spoil Caleb a bit here at home with one-on-one time. Even though I'm still handling a 6 month old, it is nice to have more freedom (Adam, when you read this later in life, don't take it the wrong way). You moms of 2, and at least 1 is walking, know what I'm talking about. If I want to go to a store, I go and Caleb rides my hip. If I want to stay out through a nap, he sleeps his way through the store. If I want to get things done around the house, I have 3-4 of Caleb's naps to do it in. When both are here, I have to stick more to a schedule so that we still have peace and sanity by the end of the day. Naps are important, eating lunch on time is important, and keeping an active 3 year old occupied is important. So, my parents are keeping Adam's schedule for a few days and I get to recharge my batteries and welcome him back after missing him terribly. Benefits for all. I will tell you that calling him on the phone everyday is hilarious. He sounds so much smaller over the phone.
So, Caleb and I have been playing and working on his crawl. He's close, but I think he's still head-heavy. He's got a serious noggin. Plus, his little frog butt doesn't have the proper proportion to balance it out. We'll do some jumping to work on that. I'm also weening him. There are two very good reasons poking out of his bottom gum in this picture.

I'm down to 2 feedings per 24 hour period and hope to be totally done in a few weeks. It's been a good ride. He's finally eating baby food...I really think he just didn't know how to work the spoon when we first started.
So, I'm actually writing b/c I have the time and energy instead of just posting pictures!!
p.s. Chris and I are celebrating 6 years this Saturday!!
What fun! So glad you're getting to recharge and spoil Caleb. That smile makes him look more like Adam to me! Such a cutie! And Happy Anniversary to you and Chris!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like HEAVEN ... time to recharge that is. How nice to have that time with Caleb too. Ashlyn & Addison are starting to play together... that is a piece of heaven too ... they occupy each other for once!! YIIPPPEEEE!!! Enjoy your time and get a bit of rest during those naps.
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! Congrats on 6 years!