We always treat each other to a fancy, out-of-the-ordinary meal for our birthdays. Since it was Chris' 32nd birthday last week, it was my turn to put out a blow-out meal. Well, I know Chris' favorite thing is crab, but I am handicapped when it comes to them, in all ways. I just knew this was going to be a disaster. But, I sucked it up and found a great recipe for oven-roasted crab with a savory citrus and herb butter sauce. I also wanted to try these shrimp, corn, and risotto fritters that I'd seen on Top Chef. They come with a jalapeno aioli dipping sauce. Well, it all worked out great. Chris, Adam, and I all devoured the crab and fritters and Caleb took down a whole fritter himself. It was a great dinner. Here's some pics of the night.
Monday, October 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You go girl! I don't think I would attempt that AT ALL or if I did it would not turn out a success! You rock! Oh, the things we end up doing for those we love! So glad Chris had a great birthday!
ReplyDelete