Monday, December 13, 2010

Letters To Santa

Adam stressed about getting his list to Santa all day the other day, so we sat down and wrote it properly.  He also helped me write one for Caleb because we didn't want him to get missed.  We posted it and he put it in the mailbox.  The next day, he remembered he also wanted a gun that shoots balls and he forgot to write it down.   To solve this dilemma we asked our "Elf on the Shelf", Marley, if he would tell Santa that night that Adam forgot to write down the toy gun on the list.  Problem solved.




Our elf...Marley.  The other day when I got all our Christmas stuff out and read the book to Adam about our elf, Chris was as work.  Look this up if you don't know what I'm talking about.  Anyway, usually Adam likes his door cracked at night, but that night, he asked his daddy if he would close it.  Chris asked why and Adam said, "I don't want that little guy to come in."  Chris freaked internally (I'm sure you all know of Chris' fear of things coming to life and ghosts and stuff).  Panicking,  Chris inquires further.  "What little guy?"  Adam says, "That little guy that comes to life at night."  Picture Chris frozen.  He must get to the bottom of this if he expect to get any sleep tonight.  He asks, "What does the little guy look like? Can you describe him?"  Adam says, "That little guy in the living room that talks to Santa at night."   Chris' heartbeat starts to return to a normal rate.  Realization happens.  He says,  "Oh, you mean the Elf On The Shelf, Marley?"   "Yes,  Daddy.  Close my door so that little guy doesn't come in my room."     I don't care if Chris rags on me from here to eternity about how stupid this new custom is, it was worth starting just for this one moment.  Hahahaha.

3 comments:

  1. I laughed til I cried thinking of Chris! Great story.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha!!! I love it! And our elf, Charlie, delivered our letters to Santa for us! :) The boys wrote them and set them on the mantle beside where Charlie sat the first night he arrived. The letters were gone the next day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our elf George does as fabulous job this time of year!! It was so worth every penny!

    I could see Chris standing there frozen scared to death about the little man coming into his son's room. Oh my goodness that was a good laugh!!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete