He loves his new seat. Anytime we go outside, he tries to open the car doors and climb in himself.
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Caleb Growing Up
Caleb had a big week last week. He was cut off from bottles at night and he moved into the bigger carseat. Caleb has not had a daytime bottle for awhile, but he was getting really comfortable with waking up at night and wanting a bottle to soothe himself back to sleep. I'd be alright with this if he would be the one to waddle into the kitchen, open the fridge and blind HIS eyes with the light, pour the bottle in the dark, and then waddle back to bed. Alas, this was my job and I'm telling you the breaking point was a week ago when he woke up every hour and a half for a bottle. I had it. At about 3am I cut him off and sat there and listened to him cry until he figured out that he could put himself to sleep (about 40 minutes). Then he tried again a while later and had to develop a new strategy for soothing. I just sat up and listened. Neither of us got much sleep that night. But, still determined, I threw all those bottles away the next morning (so as not to be tempted), and we proceeded the next night to try it again. The second night was awesome!! The third night, he woke up about 3 times, but only cried for about a minute and then laid down again. I'm good with that. Since then, He has been sleeping so much better. I get so much more rest and we're both better for it. I don't regret waiting this long to do it because I've been trying to get him to down as many calories as possible since he was born. He has the metabolism of an ant. But, now that he's on whole milk and stuffing his face as much as he wants at meals, he's doing great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment