Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Puzzle Solved

I took Caleb back to the pediatrician this morning b/c of the second rash he's sprouted in 2 weeks.  It worsened overnight and looked like he got punched in both eyes.  It was all over him again...rim of the ear, between the toes, around the fingers,  and bumpy and spotted everywhere else!!  He was also very itchy and miserable.  This is how often we've been at the dr lately:  Everybody in the entire office knows all 3 of our names (me, Adam, and Caleb).  So, after talking it over for awhile, the dr ruled it as an allergy to penicillin.  It does make sense with the rash showing up 1-2 days after the completion of the antibiotic/penicillin cycle both times.  I really appreciate this pediatrician and want to give her a shout-out.  She just scooped Caleb up in the office and checked him over head to toe while she cuddled him and let him play with her stethoscope.  She really listened to me, as she always does, and asked tons of questions before she diagnosed him.  I really like her bedside manner.  I feel better knowing that I don't have to wrap him in a bubble for the rest of his life or start visiting the allergist for testing.  As long as this rash doesn't present itself again, we'll know for sure it's the penicillin.  Maybe I can catch my breath before the next catastrophe. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you finally figured it out! What a relief!!!! How are his ears?

    Through all this that sweet boy has had a smile on his face!! What a trooper!!

    ReplyDelete