Adam was asking to get a package in the mail for his birthday. The morning of the party, there was a knock on the door and the biggest box ever was on our doorstep. We got him his own kayak!
Oh, this cake! I had totally different ideas, but icing doesn't follow a plan. I think it turned out great though. It was the same form that Chris' parents used for one of his childhood cakes and they passed it on to us.
Blowing out the trick candles.
Adam wanted to eat Batman's head.
On Adam's real birthday, I brought a cookie cake to his class to celebrate at snack time.
Then, later that night, for his real birthday supper, we had his two best friends over to eat. They brought him chocolate cupcakes and they played all evening. So, Adam got to draw out his birthday over several days this year. We are so proud of him and the kind, creative, smart boy he has become over the last 5 years. We look forward to all his adventures in the years to come.



This is so great! You did great on the cake too! And a kayak is so awesome! I bet he was so pumped!
ReplyDelete