The first time Adam tried to run down the Indian Mounds...he failed miserably. It was hilarious once we found out he was ok and there was no grass in his teeth.
This past Saturday, Chris and I took Adam to his first LSU football game against UL at Lafayette. We've all tailgated together many times, but we've never taken him into a game. Adam was so excited and asked about it constantly for three days prior. We tailgated with 2 sets of friends and walked and walked and walked around the campus to experience different things. We played on the Indian Mounds, went to Mike the Tiger's new $6 million enclosure, picked up acorns to collect, watched The Golden Band From Tigerland march to the field, watched the players drive in on buses and walk down the hill to the stadium, and finally rode 4 escalators up to our seats. We were in the upper deck with our backs on the wall on the 50 yard line. I got dizzy walking up to row FF, but our view of the game, the sunset, and the entire state of Louisiana was outstanding. The day was too much for Adam and he dozed off for 2 quarters and halftime on Mommy (I was then glad I had the wall to lean against). Our friends from North Louisiana drove down to go to the game with us. Adam woke up for the 4th quarter in time to eat a hot-dog, cheer a little bit and see the Tigers win! We had a great day. The next morning we all went to our favorite spot for beignets and some funny pictures. After the weekend came to a close, Adam and I enjoyed a 3 hour nap!! Yeah!!



No comments:
Post a Comment