Sunday, September 27, 2009
The Holeman's participate in the Alzheimer's Walk.
This Saturday, the local Alzheimer's Service put on their annual 5K/1Mile Walk/Run on the LSU campus. I decided to sign us up b/c my Papaw is suffering from Alzheimer's. It ended up being much larger than I expected. We got out there early and went around to all kinds of booths collecting everything from Frisbees to pedometers. Adam spent some time in the kid's section getting his face painted and playing some games to win candy. The walk was huge!! There were so many people and between Adam and I we carried up the rear. We stopped to play on the Indian Mounds, jump from parking stripe to parking stripe, and guzzle water. It was soooo humid. I think we completed the "1 mile" in a little over an hour and I'm not embarrassed!! At least we weren't the very last ones! This was a great event to take part in and I'm glad we did it. It also made it very apparent how many people suffer or know someone suffering from this disease. Pray for a cure soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment