Friday, April 23, 2010

Around the House

Here's what's happening right now at the Holeman House.
1. Adam and I started a "garden". I have managed to keep these few plants alive for 2 weeks now! We have Habanero Peppers, Jalapeno Peppers (both for Chris), Basil, Rosemary, and Dill. We might be losing the Rosemary and Dill b/c an ant bed started in that container and so I doused the plants with ant killer. They haven't been the same since. Prior to using the ant killer, we did actually use some of the fresh herbs in our cooking. We also planted some hanging strawberries, but we started them from seeds and they're just sprouting...nothing exciting yet about them.
2. Adam shooting hoops. He can actually make it from the ground, but he has a pattern he must complete before he works up to that fancy shot. First, he makes one of us get out the step ladder. Then, he dribbles 2 times till the ball dies on the ground. He picks the ball up, climbs the 3 step ladder, decides which arm to throw with, and finally shoots. After he is comfortable making it from the top step, he moves down to the middle step and repeats the process. Finally he makes it to the ground level, we remove the step ladder and he attempts to play real basketball.
3. My roses look great! I don't know how many of you know, but when we moved here there were 32 rose bushes planted around the house. I have managed to only kill 2 of them. After cutting them back in February, they are finally filling out and looking beautiful. I cut a bunch of the blooming roses today b/c we have a storm coming in and if there are any roses in bloom, they just get pelted. So, voila, a nice bouquet of fresh roses just for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment