Where have I been? What have I been doing? Beats me. Where did the time go? So, here's some thoughts: (disclaimer: I'm feeling very sarcastic...brace yourself)
1. I cleaned my carpets until midnight on Mother's Day. It was the first chance I had to do it with my new carpet steamer while the boys were asleep and I actually had energy. Chris and I actually took turns and kept commenting, "Can you believe how dirty the carpet was?", and "Look how much better it looks!!" This was totally therapeutic for me! No sarcasm here.
2. I showed up to the pediatrician's office a day early for Caleb's shots. We'll repeat that morning again tomorrow.
3. Caleb has now begun the disappointed, miserable cry every time I walk away from him. It's really fun.
4.My parents and I took the boys up to the top of the Louisiana State Capital for the first time. I would have pictures, but Chris took the camera to Tenn.
5. Chris is in Tennessee...The Memphis in May Bar-B-Que competition to be exact. He's been giddy about this trip for months now. He got invited to be on a team, we think as more of a clean-up staff at this point, by a friend. He and the other 3 guys he's going with are nerding it up BBQ style for 4 days.
6. So, with Chris in Tenn. I'm holding down the fort. I think I mean that literally. There will probably be at least 2-3 forts built out of couch cushions this weekend. I'm a little nervous about this, not b/c I don't know what I'm doing, but I just don't know how my nerves will take it. No breaks, no Daddy coming home at 5pm to be silly with them, no great meals cooked for me!! At Wal-Mart today, I bought Adam 2-3 new cheapo toys to get out more energy than normal these few days (he won't get off the new bouncing ball! It's working already!!). And, I bought myself, IT'S COMPLICATED with Meryl Streep. Love this movie. I have visions of putting the boys to bed early, popping the movie in, and eating Blue Bell out of the carton. I'll tell you later if it actually works that way. I also bought a few frozen pizzas anticipating no time to actually cook anything. But, don't worry, I got bananas too!
7. Starbucks is having Half Price Frappuccino(sp) Happy Hour from 3-6...see y'all there!
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment