So after going to a Karate visitor class to see if we wanted to sign Adam up for classes ($400+), we went out for pizza to discuss what a rip-off it actually is. Hence, Adam will never be the white version of Bruce Lee. It's too expensive. That's not actually the story.
Background: Occasionally (yes, Chris, every so often) Adam and I will hit a drive-through window. He has a paranoia that I am going to forget to order for him although this has never happened. He's very specific about what he wants. "I want chicken. I want french fries. I want root beer. And I want a toy." He tells me this over and over as we wait to place our order. Then, as I'm ordering at the speaker, he tries to yell from the backseat his order. I guess he doesn't understand that when I say Happy Meal, it includes all that stuff. Anyway, this happens all the time...I mean occasionally.
Real Story: So, Pizza. Chris orders a large pizza for all of us from the nice, alternatively dressed, twenty something girl. Adam seems to be only paying attention to his coloring sheet. As she walks away however, he yells, "I WANT PIZZA TOO, LADY!!"
Chris and I both locked eyes and then busted out laughing. I'm sure a couple other people in the restaurant did too. Well, the laughing was probably a mistake b/c later on in the meal, Adam was apparently low on root-beer. As the lady walks by our table, not to our table, he yells out again, "I NEED MORE ROOT BEER, LADY!!" It is apparent that our table manners need work. I have no idea where he learned to address people as Lady or that he had mastered the art of ordering. Maybe we should just eat more PB and J at home.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
THIS IS HILARIOUS!!! I love it!
ReplyDeleteSo glad this happens to other people too! Ash always has to order her dinner at the top of her lungs, and usually while we are still in the ordering of drinks stage!
ReplyDeleteWe don't eat out much. Addie is in a "I don't want to sit in my highchair and I will scream until you get me out." faze. NICE!!
GOOD STUFF!