First, I'm very thankful for our many blessings.
But, Fudge, we had/are having a rough week.
Two blogs ago (in real time: exactly 1 week) Adam came down with Pinkeye in his left eye. Silly me thought I could prevent it from spreading to the right eye. WRONG! On Thursday, we began drops in that eye too. Now we must continue all that medication for 7 more days. Then, Friday at exactly 5:30, Adam falls to the floor screaming and holding his right ear. Thirty minutes later, he and I are at the Urgent Care (b/c this kind of thing always happens 30 minutes after the Pediatrician's office closes). The Doctor tells me he's surprised the ear drum hasn't already burst b/c it's bulging so much. So, Adam is prescribed 2 more meds to treat the ear infection and I'm to watch for discharge in case it does burst. Nice. Then, Sunday afternoon, after all the hand-washing and precautions, Caleb's eye starts to show signs of pinkeye. WONDERBAR! He has to wait until Monday morning to call the doctor, after much crusty goop wiping later. Now he's on eye drops. Not so easy to administer drops to an infant who hardly has eyelids and likes to grab your hand while you're doing everything. I finally had to sit on him (yes softly). Seven more days of that!! I'll have to write about part B of the yucky weekend later.
Monday, June 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
haha.hmm... I'm sure every mother experiences this... but, ugh, no fun! at least it's memorable and kinda funny to me... lol! love you
ReplyDeleteAwww poor babies! It is so rough (on mommy) to have sick kiddos!! Hope you all are better soon. Yuck!! Looking forward to part B...
ReplyDelete