Chris' birthday is really this Wed., but I've been secretly scheming for awhile now. I knew he'd never been to an NFL game and he's always wanted to go see his Saints in the Superdome. So, I got tickets for the game against the Carolina Panthers last Sunday. We woke up early like always for church, but before he was really awake, I threw his Saints shirt at him and told him that would be more appropriate for the day. He was confused so I threw the tickets down next and the realization hit him. It was a great day. He and I (thank you to my sister who watched the kids for us) got down there early just to experience everything. We went to the new area called the Champions Square where they've got live music and not just funnel cake vendors, but the best restaurants in New Orleans each have catering there...Drago's, The Brennans Family Restaurants, Acme Oyster House, etc. I had great gumbo and Chris had a shrimp poboy. Beat the heck out of a corndog at the game.
We went through the Fan Shop and the Hall of Fame. It really looked like the Hall doubled in size since last year's championship! We got to our seats early to watch the warm-ups and all the pregame stuff. The game was not the blow-out I expected, but the Saints won a close game in the end.
This is my favorite picture!!
We really had a great time and I was so happy Chris was surprised after all the planning. Happy Birthday!!
Chris looks like he is in pure heaven! Such a great gift, Sarah!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday Chris! We hope you have a wonderful year!