Monday, February 28, 2011

Post-Surgery

It's been 5 days since Caleb had his tubes in and adenoids out.  He's still not back to 100%.   The day of the surgery, he slept ALL day.  The next day, and all the days after that, he seems mostly ok, but will have these unexplainable stretches of crying and general unhappiness.  I know he's a baby, but this is new stuff.  I think he's either still got some fluid that hasn't come out yet and is sloshing around in his ears or his throat is still scratchy.  He is very consistantly cranky when I lay him down to change him or put him to sleep.  It seems the transition from vertical to horizontal is causing something.  He's also sprouting a molar and soaking the entire front of his shirts.  This afternoon he starts popping out a new rash...yes another one!!  Seems different in nature than the one last week, but odd.  It's mostly on his abdomen with random bumps other places.  I'm so frustrated with this.  We go back to the ENT for a follow-up at the end of the week so I'm curious to see how he's recovering.  I really want that happy kid back.  It's too hard to see him uncomfortable and inconsolable.

2 comments:

  1. Poor baby. He just needs a break! (Mom too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor guys! He has been through so much lately I can understand your frustration! Let us know what the ENT said about his recovery! Thinking about you all!

    ReplyDelete