Monday, April 12, 2010

Chris vs. Dentist

So the back story is that Chris hasn't gone to the dentist since high school...roughly 12+ years. He's carried insurance the whole time, but I guess never made that adult jump to make his own appointment. So, after I took Adam to the dentist for the first time, Chris tells me to just make him an appointment and he'll go. So, last Wed. he was noticeably nervous about the date. He came home with a look of, how should I say, complete pride and an hint of smugness. I'm downplaying. He roared from the gut, "NO CAVITIES!!!" My jaw dropped. He hurriedly told me the story of having perfect teeth and loving the dental experience with all the "new" technology. Then, he jumped on the phone and called about 6 people to relay the story and his accomplishment to them. No joke. Then he realizes he must be a vampire and wants to bite things with the capable canines. As I'm hearing all this phone chatter, I begin to get a little perturbed. I, contrastingly, do not have the blessing of super-teeth and have a flat-out phobia of the dentist. I'm so jealous.

1 comment:

  1. That just makes me laugh. You're a great story teller Sarah! I can totally picture Chris' excitement! Love it. I don't feel quite so bad now either... it's been since 2007 that I've been to the dentist.... and I don't know when was Brian's last time! We have insurance too, just haven't found a doc to make the appt. lol

    ReplyDelete