Monday, April 12, 2010

Swimming Again!




We are so lucky to have Chris' grandparents nearby. We spent Saturday afternoon with them and were able to get both boys in their heated pool. I was wondering how Adam would do after swimming so well at the end of last summer. After staying on the steps at the beginning, he was getting rings off the bottom, jumping in, and flutter kicking by the time we pulled him out.
Caleb also got to try the pool for the first time. I think, in his little brain, he was thinking, "Who put me in this giant bathtub? Why did my diaper triple in size? I'm cold. I think I'll whine about it." Caleb actually did pretty well. Can't wait to turn him into a swimmer too!
One reason we got together was to BBQ. Chris and his uncle spent the afternoon rotisseriing a chicken and a goat leg!! Yes, we ate goat! Me for the first time! We eat lamb a lot and this was not much different. Yum!

We found a nest of brand new baby birds in the garage!

1 comment:

  1. What a fish! I wish Ash would take to swimming like that! Y'all will have lots of fun this summer!!! I don't know if it gets warm enough for us to swim outside (I'm sure it does for the locals, but for those of us who don't enter the pool until the mid 80's... I dunno!).

    Little Caleb is looking a lot like Mommy!!

    ReplyDelete